Rexe Cambridge Xpress Roofing Shingles (Double Laminated)
sold per SQM (square meter)
Cambridge Double Layer Asphalt Shingles
As roof designs and complexities continued to evolve, technologies in the manufacturing of asphalt roofing shingles continued to evolve. Homeowners and developers needed a product that could fit their specific style; a true expression of their individuality.
This is how the Architectural Cambridge double-layer asphalt shingles also known as laminated shingles was born. The term architectural simply refers to their high-level aesthetic features while laminated emphasis the concept of binding two layers of the traditional asphalt shingles together.
Features of Cambridge Double Layer Asphalt Shingles
Blow Off Protection
The Cambridge Double Layer Asphalt Shingles come with printed nail lines that guide installers to position and fasten the shingles correctly. This helps to help keep them on the roof and prevent them from blowing off in high wind
Built-In Algae Resistance
The Cambridge Double Layer Asphalt Shingles have special algae-resistant granules to help inhibit the growth of blue-green algae that can cause unattractive black stains, streaks, and discoloration of the shingles.
For most roofs, when wind lifts them up, water can sneak in underneath and cause a leaky roof.Cambridge Double Layer Asphalt Shingles have sealant strips which are activated by the sun’s heat to create a strong bond and ensure maximum protection against wind uplift, blow-off and water penetration
Cambridge double-layer asphalt shingles have a fiberglass mat which is coated top and bottom with weathering asphalt, then surfaced with colored granules. It’s heavy-duty for exceptional durability and structural integrity.
Benefits of Cambridge Double Layer Roof Shingles
- Highest wind ratings compared to other asphalt shingles- Cambridge shingles have the highest wind resistance above 130MPH, not only because they are heavier in weight but also because they are specifically engineered to withstand more stringent weather changes.
- Impact resistance and fire resistant
- Built-in Algae resistant granules hence no ugly stains and discoloration on your roof
- Available in full range of colors to blend in with your exterior walls
- Efficient to install due to the smart nailing zone provision with an additional wind blow off protection
- Less wastage hence wider coverage