SIEMENS LOGO! CONTROL MODULE FROM BOLD INDUSTRIAL
The Siemens LOGO! Module was introduced to the market in 1996 and has developed over the years to the latest iteration of LOGO V8 which is a powerful yet compact solution for many automation tasks.
LOGO! V8 features
There are two main types of these devices, which are subdivided into 2 categories:
1. SIEMENS LOGO! V8 Basic module with display
- It has an interface for the connection of expansion modules.
- Supports up to 24 DI, 20 DO, 8 AI and 8 AO expansion modules (DI-Digital Inputs, DO-Digital Outputs, AI-Analog Inputs and AO-Analog Outputs).
- It has an integrated web server.
- Ethernet physical communication interface.
- Standard micro CF card slot.
2. SIEMENS LOGO! V8 Basic module without display
- Relay outputs with maximum output current of 10A.
- Micro CF card slot (optional).
- Built-in EEPROM memory for control program storage.
- Real time RTC with automatic time change.
- It has 8 DI and 4 DO
- It has 4 AI of 12/24VDC or 0 to 10V variants. These inputs can be used as DI if required.
- Supports up to 24 DI, 20 DO, 8 AI and 8 AO in expansion modules (DI-Digital Inputs, DO-Digital Outputs, AI-Analog Inputs and AO-Analog Outputs).
- Connection to TDE text display for LOGO! 8 via Ethernet port.
The LOGO! TDE is an innovative visualization solution for use with the LOGO! V8.
The Text Display unit provides the operator with a simple and intuitive interface for process control and monitoring.
Connection between the LOGO! And the Text display is by Ethernet which allows for the unit to be located anywhere there is a LAN /WAN connection.
ECONOMIC CASE FOR AUTOMATION USING LOGO!
PLC’S have developed over the years from complex and expensive to economical and easy to use devices.
Siemens LOGO! provides the following advantages:
- Space saving –say goodbye to bulky relay panels with complicated wiring that is prone to failure. LOGO! replaces the old hard wired panel with a smaller footprint and simpler wiring, this reduces both installation and maintenance costs and time demands.
- Simple software interface – The software configuration software is an easy to use windows graphical user interface , which is intuitive and does not require complex coding.
- Standard Ethernet/USB communication protocols: This avoids costly proprietary cables and allows simple configuration .
- Expandability:- Expansion modules are simple to configure and integrate with existing LOGO! so as your requirements grow, you do not need to buy a new PLC but simple add an expansion module and amend the user program.
- Cost saving:- All the features previously described add to your bottom line as a business by reducing your operational costs and increasing productivity.
- Labour saving:- Automation tasks implemented by LOGO! deliver a saving in the use of human labour and also reduce exposure of humans to hazardous environmental conditions.
- Reliability and repeatability:- Automation of processes allows for consistent results. This is also useful where audit traceability is required.
SAMPLE APPLICATIONS FOR AUTOMATION USING LOGO!
There are multiple scenarios where the LOGO! proves its utility , and the current version of LOGO! is a powerful tool for any automation project. Some examples are:
- Building Management Solutions- applications requiring control of lighting, HVAC, Access control and security systems can be implemented and seamlessly integrated with existing hardware and sensors.
- Agricultural Applications: Greenhouses, Irrigation systems , Fertigation systems , grow light management are some of the applications that can be used to automate crop growing and monitoring. Animal feeding , watering and management are also easy to automate using LOGO!
- Industrial Control: LOGO! is an economical solution for industrial processes such as packaging, filling, bottling, cleaning and numerous other applications.
PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ADVISORY SERVICES IN SELECTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AUTOMATION SOLUTIONS.